In progress . . .
Here’s a list of software and tools available to staff and students. They are organized by task. Everything listed here is available to everyone.
- Microsoft Online ClipGallery has a large selection that’s updated often and seasonally. There are photos here too. You may convert them to other formats using the tools above.
- Picasa Web Albums may be used to move photos off the network for sharing.
- Ideas Wisconsin has a huge database of pictures you may use without worrying about copyright.
- GoogleDocs Document
- Open Office Writer (Start >> Open Source >> Open Office)
- Publisher 2000
*If you need to open documents from a newer version of Word, install the compatibility pack (Start >> Troubleshooting >> Office 2000 >> Install Office 2007 Compatibility).
Creating Slide Shows with Images & Text:
- Photostory (available on all computers)
- Windows Moviemaker (available on all computers)
- TuxPaint (a replacement for KidPix available through Start >> Productivity)
Creating Slide Shows With narration:
- Windows Moviemaker
Creating a CD:
- Use My Computer to copy files to a CD-R on most machines** (Directions for Creating a CD)
**Almost all teacher stations now have CD burners. Look for the label on the drive door.
- Windows Moviemaker (may be used with Flip video footage as long as it stays on the camera)
- Vegas Movie Studio (This program is available on standalone video editing stations. Look in your lab or LMC for one to roll down to your classroom.)
- SmartBoard software version 10 (Start >> SmartBoard >> Install Notebook v10): You may use this software without a board. It has plenty of handy tools and features.
- Inspiration 8 (Start >> Productivity): Great for studying, writing, organizing, sharing . . . lots of templates and tools too.
- Kidspiration (Start >> Productivity): Activities and templates for younger grades, but you’ll also find a “listen” feature to read what’s on the screen.
- GoogleEarth (Start >> General Ed): You may load this tool to use on any machine.
- VLC Player (Start >> Multimedia): VLC will play anything . . . dvd’s, movie clips, music, video. If you get an error from Windows Media Player, chances are you’ll be able to play the file in VLC.